The fact that mountain water is piped means that we miss the waterfall’s natural ability to purify water. Waterfalls create a reaction in the water that causes the water molecules to dissolve, and bacteria such as single-celled organisms die. Without waterfalls, the water molecules clump together, which provides a breeding ground for many single-celled organisms.
In waterworks, UV radiation is used to purify drinking water. It is known, however, that UV radiation does not reach all bacteria at high levels of humus / high color numbers.
The water’s further travel route gives further concerns when old water pipes crack, leak and cause deposits. Measures that the authorities implement in acute crises are to ask the inhabitants to boil the drinking water. This can be particularly challenging for business and the health sector.
In a report from 2017, Norwegian Water estimates that our drinking water areas have an investment need of NOK 160 billion in the period 2016-2040.
(Source: report from Norwegian waters from 2017 for the period 2016-2040.
Click here to see report
This shows that it is important how in the future we further develop our natural resources, which at the same time safeguard the environment, our health and for efficient utilization of capital.
(Source: Management of our drinking water )
Through our newly developed technology, DabV units that are easily mounted on water pipes / water taps, you can yourself, easily and efficiently take part in implementing measures to purify your drinking water.
Purification of water with high humus values (color numbers) does not prevent the use of our newly developed technology DabV. Even with a color number of 56, the bacterial level is reduced by 100%.
You can also feel the difference in taste. Enjoy The Very Best Water.
The effect of DabV is positive for higher (eukaryotic) organisms (humans, animals, fish and plants), whereas it removed simple unicell (prokaryotic) organisms such as E. coli, coliform and intestinal enterococci.
DABV KILLS BACTERIA EVEN AT COLOR NUMBERS HIGHER THAN 20-25
Below are results from experiments on the effects of DabV installed at a private waterworks that uses UV filter for disinfection. The waterwork supply approximately 140 households located near Bergen. One DabV unit has been installed in each of the places where water enters: in the pump housing after the UV system (to access the tap and cover both branch pipes out of the pump housing) and after the height pool.
The DabV-600 units were installed in August 2020 and over a period of 7 months the municipality took samples of both the untreated raw water (surface water) and in the pump house after the water had been through a UV system. The water that entered the water plant, where DabV was mounted in addition to the UV filtering, high color number, reflecting high amount of organic material. Whereas it is known that UV filter is not effective in killing bacteria at higher color number (above 20-25), with the addition of the DavB unit, the bacteria was removed even at high color number. At the destination, at an outdoor tab and in a senior center, thus after pasting through the pipes, most samples showed satisfied results, whereas a few samples had high bacteria content, reflecting leaking from the ground into the pipes after the DabV unit.
In summary, the results show that DabV is effective in killing bacteria even at high color number. Due to leakage through the pipes, which is a major challenge worldwide, it is recommended to place a DabV unit also at the destinations in addition to a unit placed central in the waterworks.
More about biology can be read here: https://bio-consult.net
Table 1. Results of experiments on the effects of adding DabV in a water plant in Bergen that use UV disinfection, supplying approximately 140 households. The DabV unit is placed before UV filtering, and observations on color (Col), Coliform bacteria (Colif), Escherichia coli (E. coli), and Enterococcus (Ent), were taken before disinfection (1), immediately after the disinfection ( 2) and at two end positions (3,4). (3) is in an outdoor water tap and (4) is in an elder center.
*) MPN is a statistical method used to estimate the viable numbers of bacteria in a sample by inoculating broth in 10-fold dilutions and is based on the principle of extinction dilution
- (a) EUNOBE-00042149, (b) EUNOBE-00042757, (c) EUNOBE-00043349, (d) EUNOBE-00043946, e) EUNOBE-00044748, (f) EUNOBE-00045097, (g) EUNOBE-00045637; h) EUNOBE-00046264
- Aoustin et al. 2001. Ultrafiltration of natural organic matter. Sep. Purif. Technol., 22–23: 63-78.
- Basu et al. 2007, UV disinfection of treated wastewater effluent. influence of color, reactivation and regrowth of coliform bacteria. Environment Engineer. Applied Res and Practice. 4
- Favere et al. 2021 Safeguarding the microbial water quality from source to tap. npj Clean Water, 4.28.
- Giannakopoulos and Suresh 1999. Theory of indentation of piezoelectric materials. Acta Material 47, 7, 2153-2164.
- Prest et al. 2016, Biological Stability of Drinking Water: Controlling Factors, Methods, and Challenges. Review article, Front. Microbiol, 7, Article 45
- Sillanpää et al. 2018. Removal of natural organic matter in drinking water treatment by coagulation: A comprehensive review, Chemosphere, 190, 54-71.
- World Health Organization 2017. Guidelines for drinking-water quality: fourth edition incorporating first addendum, 4th ed + 1st add. World Health Organization. https://apps.who.int/iris/handle/10665/254637 . License: CC BY-NC-SA 3.0 IGO
DabV treatment of your water is one of the easiest and safest methods to avoid unwanted bacteria and parasites in the water. Careful laboratory tests show that you get rid of the harmful bacterium E. coli – Escherichia coli when you attach a DabV to your water pipes.